I'm Kourtni! I'm a Mormon!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Kourtni:
I am a missionary.  Happily serving in the Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.  I have a blessed life and I'm a Mormon!
 
About me:
I'm Kourtni!  I am the fourth child out of five siblings.  I am from a super small town.  I have had the advantage of growing up on the farm, but I am not a farmer.  I have the most amazing parents.  My dad is literally the hardest working man I have ever met and my mom is just the best.  A few fascinations of mine are; bright & bold colors, braids, clothing and vintage.  I was born in the wrong era.  If I could go back in time it would be the 50's.  It is the cars, shoes, clothes and the style in general that attracts my eye.  Another deep love of mine is sports.  Sports were the highlight of my life growing up.  I loved the competition.  As I got older I decided to focus mainly on soccer and track, especially hurdles.  Hurdling became a huge part of my life when my Grandpa had a stroke.  My family encouraged me to give them a try, so I did, but I never intended to stick with them until my grandpa's stroke.  He lost a lot of memory and movement and was capable of doing the things he loved to do before but he loved to talk hurdles with me.  I was his "race horse" and his face would light up when I would tell him about practices or races.  I kept with it, and before I knew it, it became my life.  I was blessed with the talent to be a hurdler, but I was even more blessed to have the support from a wonderful man and family.
 
Why I am a Mormon:
I was born into a family who strongly loved The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  My faith has always been a big part of who I am, but it was not until my Senior year of high school when I had my own "conversion".  The Church then became a huge part of who I am and who I wanted to become.  I decided to serve a mission because I love my Heavenly Father more than anything.  I am now happily serving in the wonderful Utah Salt Lake City West Mission.  I want to share the Gospel with people around the world and let them enjoy the happiness and joy this Gospel brings to me.  I simple love this Gospel and that is why I'm a Mormon.
 
How I live my faith:
I live my faith by being an example of what I believe, and never deny my beliefs to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment