I am in the Dark

Monday, November 4, 2013


My Week!
Well, Transfers have come! And no Changes for us! We stickin' together!

Funny of the week-

Yesterday, I wake up, roll out of bed, and say my prayers!  I jump up and hop into the shower! I had just put shampoo in my hair and decided to shave my legs, since it was Sunday and it's  had been a few weeks.  {I still don't like shaving}

While shaving my legs, the electricity goes out. I nearly slice my leg off....

 I wait there for a minute, and then realize the lights are not coming back on. Well, I'm already scared of the dark, so I'm trying to hurry and get out of the shower. I then trip trying to get out of the shower. It's is completely black...
I am rummaging around looking for a towel, while slipping and sliding I find something to wrap myself up in.... turns out it was Sister Porters skirt. (oops) I then realize I forgot to bring a towel...crap. Well, I found a cold, damp one in the corner.. ewww!

I Wrap it around me and open the door to find out it's just as dark. Since living in the basement, there is no natural light coming in anyways. Well, Sister Peltzer comes running around the corner shining a flash light in my face.

 "Sister Ashcroft are you okay? .... is that shampoo in your hair?"

I'm standing there dripping wet, with shampoo in my hair, shaving cream on my legs and trying to cover up in a cold, damp towel that I soon discovered was smaller than I thought it was in the dark. 
{Sorry, for the show sisters}

Then everyone comes running out with their Flashlights shining on me! {Apparently I am the only one who doesn't have a flashlight sitting by her bed} Just a wee bit uncomfortable. My land lady brought me my clean towels from upstairs and gave me a flashlight to use in the bathroom.

Well, I say, "show's over ladies" and shut the door and get back in the shower to finish what I started. I used the little light provided to finish showering. Then I turned off the shower got dress, and the lights came back on. Oh, Joy!

Yep, It was a great moment!
Well, that's all I have time to write for today! Sorry, but I hope you laughed.
I so grateful for all you guys! And the love and support I get from everyone! I absolutely love my mission. Even though it is the hardest thing I have ever done, I still enjoy all that I get to do! Keep me in your prayers and I'll keep you in mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment