Challenge Backfire

Friday, June 7, 2013


I had to put an Elder his place this week but in the process I got put in my place as well!

The Elder is such a goober!
We were talking about track and I told him that I ran hurdles in high school.
 He did not believe me.
He said that I did not look like I would be very fast.  

Gasp!
What?!  

I am a little too competitive so I challenged Elder Goober to a race and this was the outcome.




It is painful!
I am sore!
I have not washed that side of my body for three days!

The Lord has really humbled me and I am hoping that President Swain will have some mercy on me.
Originally, I was not going to tell President Swain but I meet with him tomorrow and the scars are nearly impossible to hide so I figure that I might as well confess.

Please pray for me!

I am not too scared,
he will probably laugh,
roll his eyes,
shake his finger at me and 
tell me that I need to be a little smarter!

Does it help my case that Sister Wilson encouraged me to do it?

After challenging Elder Goober we met up in the parking lot after a meeting.  I was in a dress, with no shoes and the race was on.  Elder Goober cheated!  I would have won if I had not fallen two steps before the finish line.  Right at the finish line I stepped in a dip and I went "gracefully" flying. 

I actually have the race on video but I am not showing it to anyone!
Maybe after my guilt goes away I will send it to you! 

You know,

the Lord keeps humbling me,
over and over.

I was reading the Book of Mormon and the scripture that I happened to open to right after the accident was Mosiah 4:27.

27  And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength.  And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might with the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

Then I read my Patriarchal Blessing and it talks about how I need to be wise in my choices and in my actions.  

Then in the handbook that I had to read it talked about safety and wisdom in my actions.

And finally, I asked Elder McNeil for a blessing because I have not been sleeping and my headaches are bothering me and in my blessing I was told to make wise choices!


I think I got the hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment