Have you heard?

Monday, August 26, 2013

It’s been a weird week!
 
It sounds like there’s a lot happening in the world!
And, I have no clue what's going on!
I guess that happens when you go on a mission!
 
But, I'm doing good!
 
I feel so sheltered when people talk the latest song, the latest trends, the cool things to do or the simple things like what’s happening in the world.
 
I just want to be like…
…have you heard about the latest in The Book of Mormon?
 
Did you hear about the Stripling Warriors recent outcome of battle?
They all listened to their mothers and none of them died!
 
Oh, have you checked out Samuel the Lamanite?
He tried to post the truth on his wall and they shot arrows at him.
Don’t worry!
They didn't hit him!
 
Oh man…
…Laman and Lameul...
...they are at again!
What are we going to do with them?
 
Did you hear about the Angel appearing to Alma the Younger and his BFFs?
He was struck with fear and was in a deep sleep!
 
Then those Jaredites!
They are all speaking different languages!
If that doesn't show you how important prayer is then I don't know what will!
 
Oh, don't get me stated on Enos!
He sure knows how to pray.
We all should take some lessons from him!
 
What about Nephi?
I hear he is building a boat.
That dude is proactive!
 
Did you know that Lehi's latest dream was about a tree?
I hear the fruit is the bomb-diggity!
We should all start partaking of that stuff!
 
It's true!
The Book of Mormon trends are off the hook!
 
One day I will do that to someone!

Yesterday I got to teach two Relief Society lessons and two gospel principle classes.  Our wards keep us busy!  They had us speak in church last week and this coming Sunday we are teaching Relief Society... again!  We are also going to talk to the youth about the blessings of a mission.
 
A couple a teenagers tried to run me over this week.  They chased me and my companion on our bikes in their car until we finally made it onto the sidewalk.  Then they yelled some pretty vulgar things.  I couldn't help but laugh.  Their car was in really bad shape!  It kept stalling!  They looked pretty foolish!  I just smiled and said, “Have a great day!”  That's what they get for messing with the Lord's servants!
 
Another day this week I tried to street contact someone on my bike.  I rode by him and said, “Oh my goodness!  That is a beautiful baby girl you have!” The man replied "Yep.  He’s a boy.”  I apologized and kept truckin' along on good ole' Adelaide.  She got us out of there fast!
 
Sadly our baptism we had for Saturday got cancelled. 
We are still working with him.
He’s a great kid!
He'll come back around!
 
There’s my week in a nutshell!
I update about three times a week!
Check out my fun stories there!
 
Love you all!
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment