Letters From Salt Lake City West

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dear Ashcroft Family,
Good afternoon, it's July 22 and very hot in West Valley City, my wife is with your daughter and her companion on a split visiting some families in our ward.  Your daughter told me it would be ok if I related an experience they had last week.  The missionaries have a study period and they were together studying the "Our Heritage" book in chapter four when they noticed a name of Philo Dibble, and sister Christensen said "he is my forth great grandfather".  As they read further it reported he was shot by a mob, three times in the stomach, then they read where Newel K Knight gave his friend Bro Dibble a healing blessing and your daughter said "he is my third great grandfather".  The shooting was in July 23, 1833 - 180 years ago almost to the day.  That those two men were friends and now that these two missionaries who did not know each other three weeks ago have such a common bond is wonderful.  My heart fairly jumped when they told us.  I suspect there are crowds of cheerleaders watching from heaven as these two great missionaries have a common bond.  Her P day in on the 24 and I am sure she will give you more details.  Thanks for letting her come to this area.  It is very hot and we will watch out for them.

Thanks,
[name removed] 

No comments:

Post a Comment