Genealogy I Am Doing It

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

One hundred and eighty years ago a mob attacked the Saints in Jackson County Missouri.  At first the Latter-day Saints attempted to avoid direct conflict; however, the beatings of members and the destruction of property eventually led to a battle near the Big Blue River.  Two members of the mob were killed, and the Saints lost Brother Andrew Barber.  A man named Brother Philo Dibble was shot three times in the stomach.  The Saints then had to flee, but because of Brother Philo Dibble's condition they had to leave him behind.  One of his good friends, Brother Newel Knight, snuck past the mob late at night to administer a Priesthood blessing, with miraculous results.  Brother Philo Dibble related:
 
"Brother Newel Knight came to see me, and sat down on the side of my bed.  I felt the Spirit resting upon me at the crown of my head before his hand touched me, and I knew immediately that I was going to be healed.  I immediately arose and discharged three quarts of blood or more, with some pieces of clothes that had been driven into my body by the bullets.  I then dressed myself and went out doors.  From that time not a drop of blood came from me and I never afterwards felt the slightest pain or inconvenience from my wounds, except that I was somewhat weak from the loss of blood."

Brother Newel Knight met up with him later the next morning crossing the plains.
 
This is an amazing miracle!
The Priesthood power is real!
It was the faith of both these men that saved the life of Brother Philo Dibble!
 
What makes this story so special to Sister Christensen and I is that she is the third-great-grand-daughter of Brother Philo Dibble and I am the fourth-great-grand-daughter of Brother Newel Knight. 
 
Sister Ashcroft, Sister Christensen
 
Check out your roots and see what your ancestors did for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment