I was Kidnapped!!!!!

Monday, October 21, 2013


It has been one crazy week!!!! 

Where do I begin?

Oh, wait I know!

BEING KIDNAPPED!!!!!

It all started on a beautiful morning. We had a New Missionary training to go to. We went to the Peachwood building, and got our training. 

It was time to go home and eat some lunch. Well the person we had planned on giving us a ride home would not answer their phone. Okay, so plan B....well, plan B didn't answer their phone either. We then went to plan C. Plan C was in downtown and couldn't pick us up. Plan D? Why not!.....negative. Alright, let's try Plan E. Nope. Then off to Plans F, G, H, and I........ Okay we give up!!! 

After 30 minutes of calling people, no one answers. 

Some Elders over heard us, and said... "Hey Sisters! We're going to Magna! We'll drive right by your house. We have a sister and brother picking us up. Just ride with us!"

Us- "Okay!" 

.......30 minutes later....

A car flys up, with an unnecessary angry yell...

"YOU MADE ME SPILL MY (beep) COKE EVERYWHERE!!!! GET IN THE (beep) CAR NOW!!!!!!!" 

I look at the elders and say "are you kidding me?"

We get in the car...."ELDERS!!! YOUR DIRECTIONS WERE HORRIBLE!!! YOU MADE ME SPILL COKE EVERYWHERE!" 

(The yelling continues...) 

I politely say "Ma'am if you take a left, right here and get on to 41st I can show you where our house is."

"IM TAKING YOU TO MAGNA!!!!!" 

....WHAT? I am panicking right now...

Some thoughts that are going through my head. "Oh great, my greatest fear is becoming a reality. I'm getting kidnapped on my mission. This lady is going to kill us. I can't go to Magna! That's breaking mission rules!!!" 

While all this is going through my head the lady continues to yell at the Elders. 

I'm glaring at the Elders, and I write a note to them saying 

"If I die, I will haunt you for the rest of your life!!!!"

Oh, to add to this, one of the Elders is brand new! He is from some beautiful islands and doesn't really know English well, or our culture. So, he is in the back making jokes. Which is just making the lady more irate! 

20 minutes later we pull up to a home and I hear the Elders say in a nervous cracked voice...
 "Oh, it looks like she is dropping us off first.

I pull back and look at him with huge eyes and he whispers under his breath...

 "We are so sorry....we don't know what to do?"

Well, the lady over hears him and has a freak out!

"WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M GOING TO DO TO THEM?  KIDNAP THEM?  GET OUT OF THE CAR, NOW!

 I'M GOING TO KILL YOU ELDERS LATER!"

Through my mind I am thinking, "Oh, so this is a kidnapping? Great! Glad to know!

That was pleasant... I'm going to die. Yipee!"

The Elders get out and the Lady continues to yell and scream and say vulgar things about how the Elders gave her wrong directions.

So, were driving. I text my Zone Leaders to let them know that we're breaking mission rules against our own will by leaving our area. They were slightly concerned and said call us as soon as you can!

Were driving and driving and I'm talking to her! Trying to be friendly and nice. And then we pull up to a school!

She rolls down her window and yells at some kids to get in the car.
Well, 8 little kids and an adult climb into the car.  Again, breaking more mission rules!

1 - There were not enough seat belts for everyone
   2 - the little kids tried sitting on our lap, so we just told them to share a seat. 

The lady takes ALL the kids home.

The whole time I was just praying that we don't die! While humming the words  -
"Now should we die, before our Journey's through Happy Days! All is well (no it's not) We then are free (from this crazy lady) Toil and Sorrow too!

Eventually she gets all the kids dropped off and starts to take us back home! She asks where we live and I say, "Oh, just take us to the Library!"

Lady - "I can take you home!"

Me -" No, really the library is just fine!"

Lady -"WHERE DO YOU LIVE, I CAN TAKE YOU HOME!"

I quickly give the directions!
She gets us home! Physically Safe... Emotionally, I am traumatized...
 And damaged for life!

She pulls up and in a sweet voice gives us her number and tells us to call her whenever! If we need a ride or dinner we just give her a call and she'll be there!

Oh, great! Thanks! We Appreciate it!

Well, that was my week! It was pretty eventful! The Elders repeatedly apologize every time they see us. 

I love you all :) I am grateful I am safe! And the most important thing I have learned this week is to NEVER ACCEPT rides from Elders. EVER.

Love you all and have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment